Tuesday, February 16, 2010

whet your appetite

You know that fishing trip I postponed to instead take the kids out mountain biking, shoot some vid? Yeah, me neither, seems so long ago. Basketball, soccer, scouting, birthdays, wow a fella can get kinda lost in the mix there, if he's not careful. ;-)

But a professional-grade schemer such as I understands the virtue of Patience. Dad's time is nigh: time to warm up the tying bench, lay some groundwork for Sunday's fishing. Can't wait!

In the meantime, vid surfing turned up this gem RE: winter fishing.

Winter Fly Fishing in Colorado from RA Beattie on Vimeo.


Now I know for a fact, I will not be blessed with such prolific hatches, or snarking 3 pound trout upstream and down. But it remains a certainty I will be out on the water for the first time in months, may even land a fish or two.

Gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment